[rescue] Sun Ultra 20s on surpluscomputers.com

Richard legalize at xmission.com
Sat Sep 4 12:31:53 CDT 2010

In article <AANLkTim8JPa2XS8hBHEG7Zqca4P7Sx87ccPfuhE4O=tb at mail.gmail.com>,
    Francois Dion <francois.dion at gmail.com>  writes:

> On Fri, Sep 3, 2010 at 5:23 PM, Richard <legalize at xmission.com> wrote:

> $12
> > 9
> >> >

> >> Jesus, really? My group is about to pitch about 30 of them because
> >> we're fscking sick of them developing bad caps... We assumed they're
> >> completely worthless.
> >
> > I work with a non-profit that recycles/refurbishes computers for
> > non-profits and low income folks.  They were refurbing GX270s
> > initially until they found that they all failed within a short time of
> > being refurbed.  Now they're all on the recycle path.
>
> If any 270 lasted this long, it more than likely doesn't have the bad
> caps. [...]

Just because it was turned into the NPO for recycling/refurbing
doesn't mean it "lasted this long".  It just means it took this long
for them to receive it.  I didn't do the triage/refurb myself, but it
was consistent enough that they just said "screw it, we're wasting too
much time on these machines; junk them all".