[rescue] Mark Weller is out of the office on vacation...

Ray Arachelian ray at arachelian.com
Sat Sep 4 08:49:41 CDT 2010

> Seriously.  Its just common courtesy not to spam the entire subscriber
> base of a mailing list with automated "I'm on vacation" messages.

Seriously, for those that care so much about this topic, why not add a
filter to your MUA that looks for subject lines containing "is out of
the office" to move them to the trash?

IMHO wasting so much time on this hot air is counter productive.

You can't control what other people will or won't do, but you certainly
can control what you yourself do.   So, if something bothers you this
much, you can fix it yourself without creating a completely off topic
meta discussion that drags on for dozens of messages and adds far more
pollution than that single, original out of office message.  And I'll
take my own example and refuse to reply to this thread any further.