[rescue] In the Portland, OR area...

Paxton innfosun at gmail.com
Fri Mar 26 01:22:53 CDT 2010

In search of electronic surplus in Portland........

I second the Free Geeks Thrift Store, 10th street, eastside, three
blocks south of Hawthorne. However it is a shell of what it used to
be.

I don't think there are any places left like my old warehouse,
Innfographics, or Findlys or Bobbys or Wacky Willies.

There is Surplus Gizmos out West off Highway 26, 5797 NW Cornelius Pass Rd.
Hillsboro, OR 97124

Here is a link to that place and others  thanks to Bruce Lane.
http://www.bluefeathertech.com/technoid/gizmos.html

Nearby is the Rice Northwest Museum of Rocks and Minerals.....Recommended!!!
but rocks and minerals before they are made into electronics.
26385 Northwest Groveland Drive, Hillsboro, OR 97124-9351(503) 647-2418b

Not sure if R5D3 Electronic Surplus is still in existence but it is at
9770 SE Stanley Ave.,Milwaukie, OR 97222

http://www.bluefeathertech.com/technoid/r5d3.html

I think the Tektronix Surplus Store in Beaverton is still in
existence, but open only a couple of days a month. If you are so lucky
to be around it is an experience.
13489 SW Karl Braun Dr., Bldg. 13, Beaverton, OR 97077

http://www.bluefeathertech.com/technoid/tekstore.html

If you get to Eugene, there is the Next Step Thrift Store on 10th
street out west off Highway 126( West 11th). It is my new favorite.

Hope this helps,
Paxton
Updates and new leads appreciated.

--