[rescue] Looking for SGI Meta Router

Steve Hatle shatle at nfldinet.com
Wed Mar 24 10:02:29 CDT 2010

On 3/24/10 9:50 AM, "Ethan O'Toole"  wrote:

> Pretty cool. When I was in high school I saw the two Crays at NASA through
> the window. I don't remember it too well.

A good friend worked at Cray headquarters here in Minnesota back in the
hey-day for Cray.

I got to go down on the main data center floor where they had one of just
about everything Cray made. It was like geek Disneyland :-)

The same friend got a donated (read 'ready to be thrown away') Sun 4/280 as
the first box for what was then the Northfield, MN Free-Net. We proudly kept
the Cray property stickers on that guy.

I don't know what's out at headquarters now; it was pretty much a ghost town
after Tandem/SGI/whoever took over.

Steve