[rescue] Wanted: 486 desktop

r.stricklin bear at typewritten.org
Wed Mar 24 00:33:51 CDT 2010

On Mar 23, 2010, at 8:03 AM, Derrik Walker v2.0 wrote:

> Yea, when the Mac II came out, you could get a Sun 3/60 for less
> that was faster, and Sun OS 4 was a nice OS.

I don't buy for a moment that the Mac II was more expensive than a Sun
3/60 in 1987, considering both machines were brand new in the market
and base list on the 3/60 four years later in 1991 was still over
$9.5k. This would have been a minimum configuration with a tiny amount
of RAM, monochrome graphics, and no hard disk. The first Quadras were
released later that year - the Q900 at $8500 with 4MB RAM and a 160 MB
hard drive.

ok
bear