[rescue] Old school usenet

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 23 15:38:02 CDT 2010

On Mar 23, 2010, at 2:10 PM, John Floren <slawmaster at gmail.com> wrote:

> The real question here is how to make our walled garden which is easy
> enough to sign up for that people will come, but unattractive to the
> types which have ruined USENET. Perhaps having stricter control on
> identities and posting, with owners willing to ban those who get
> unruly, would do the trick.

Requiring real names would go a long way towards keeping most abusers
out, IMHO - coupled with the knowledge that the newsgroups are 'google-
able' by future employers, potential spouses, parents, and voters ;^)

In otherwords, hold posters publicly accountable for their posts.

Does 'the well' still exist?

Lionel