[rescue] Looking for SGI Meta Router

Robert Darlington rdarlington at gmail.com
Tue Mar 23 14:55:58 CDT 2010

I worked on Blue Mountain, the ASCI box at LANL.  It was #1 on the Top500,
but that was long before I got there (#29 when I ran it).   It consisted of
48 rows of racks, 9 racks wide (the one in the middle was where the HIPPI
interconnect was).  6144 processors total.   To my knowledge they still run
two of these rows of racks for driving graphics displays in my old
building.   They sent the other 46 rows of racks back to Silicon Graphics
around 5 years ago.

-Bob