[rescue] Wanted: 486 desktop

gsm at mendelson.com gsm at mendelson.com
Tue Mar 23 09:06:57 CDT 2010

On Tue, Mar 23, 2010 at 08:56:49AM -0500, Bill Bradford wrote:

>*sigh* Jonathan asked the same thing.  I do sometimes, but most of the time
>it's GCC (although I may use the CoolThreads-optimized GCC on the new box).

At least then you see the same compiler generated bugs that everyone else
does. :-)

Anyone remember the Intel C compiler for Linux that was free for non
commerical use about 10 years ago? It had a special Linux Kernel mode so that
it duplicated (on purpose) the same bugs in GCC that the kernel depended
upon.

Geoff.

New word I coined 12/13/09, "Sub-Wikipedia" adj, describing knowledge or
understanding, as in he has a sub-wikipedia understanding of the situation.
i.e possessing less facts or information than can be found in the Wikipedia.