[rescue] 9 track 21 track and 7 track tape drives

Jonathan Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Tue Mar 16 17:36:18 CDT 2010

On Tue, 16 Mar 2010, Pete wrote:

> I am looking for old round reel tape drives 9 track, 21 track and 7
> track.  Anyone got junk to clear?

I have a DEC SCSI 9-track drive; I think it's a TSZ07.  It needs a bit of
servicing.  All the mechanical bits work, the drive never properly senses
that it's started to take up tape, so it retries until it gives up.

I also have a tape cabinet full of 9-track tapes.

If you (or anyone else) wants them, they're absolutely free if you collect
them either from my house in Elgin or somewhere in the Austin area.  If
you want the drives, please take some tapes as well.  I have literally
hundreds of reels (most with write-enable rings).

--
Jonathan Patschke  ) "Oh, judge, your damn laws: the good people don't
Elgin, TX         (   need them, and the bad people don't follow them,