[rescue] Free to rescuers: pile of Commodore 64 and ZX 81 stuff

velociraptor velociraptor at gmail.com
Sun Mar 14 12:35:15 CDT 2010

On Wed, Mar 10, 2010 at 5:31 PM, Bill Bradford <mrbill at mrbill.net> wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 10, 2010 at 04:23:59PM -0500, Phil Stracchino wrote:
>> Might one inquire what the issues were?  I'm looking at the S1500 as a
>> possible future new camera for Cymru (budget permitting), since her
>> (formerly my) Olympus D-500L has completely died and will not even power on.
>
> I like the Canon interface better, and it ticked me off that Fuji used a
> proprietary USB cable.  No idea about their current models.

I have a slightly older Finepix V10, and it uses a micro-usb cable,
same as our new Pentax DSLR we splurged on  as a Christmas gift for
the two us in Dec.

I went with the Finepix for better low light performance when I
purchased it, as p&s cameras always have anemic flash.  I like it a
lot, just wish it had a bit better macro performance.  It does rip
through batteries (proprietary) so I bought a couple of higher maH
replacements on fleabay last longer.

=Nadine=