[rescue] Free to rescuers: pile of Commodore 64 and ZX 81 stuff

Phil Stracchino alaric at metrocast.net
Wed Mar 10 15:23:59 CST 2010

On 03/10/10 15:08, Bill Bradford wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 10, 2010 at 03:01:00PM -0500, Phil Stracchino wrote:
>> Glancing at that list, Bill, have you looked at the Fuji Finepix S1500?
>>  Someone pointed it out to me recently, and it's damned impressive.
>> 10MP, 35mm CCD, 12:1 image-stabilized optical zoom, shoots 3.3fps at
>> 5MP, 7.5FPS at 2MP, or 30fps VGA video up to (iirc) 4GB file size,
>> automatic red-eye removal, and can be had for about $40-$50 more than
>> that Canon.
>
> The Canon is on there in case one of my friends/consulting clients decides
> to buy it for me as payment for web/sysadmin work.  I've already got a nice
> Canon S3 IS as my "main fancy" camera, tricked out with some filters and a
> lens adapter; however it's not as easy to carry around as a smaller
> "pocket" point-and-shoot would be.  I owned a Fuji 5-6 years ago, and
> wasn't really happy with it.

Might one inquire what the issues were?  I'm looking at the S1500 as a
possible future new camera for Cymru (budget permitting), since her
(formerly my) Olympus D-500L has completely died and will not even power on.

(BTW:  If anyone wants to play with the Olympus and try to fix it, drop
me a line.  One of the coolest things about it is that it actually runs
on a MicroSPARC chipset.)

  alaric at caerllewys.net   alaric at metrocast.net   phil at co.ordinate.org
                 It's not the years, it's the mileage.