[rescue] manuals, software, even some hardware for sale or for free

Rich Kulawiec rsk at gsp.org
Fri Jul 16 14:04:21 CDT 2010

(While I'm still finding *more* CDs every time I open a drawer...
good grief, I apparently burned some 2 or 3 times because I hid
the 1st copy from myself...)

Some of this stuff is available for shipping cost (from 21152, which
is roughly Baltimore, Maryland).  Other stuff, well, I'd like to get
something (as in $$) for it.  I marked the items in the latter category
with $$.  Then again, maybe I'm not being realistic about their
value -- I don't track this stuff as closely as perhaps I should.
So feel free to correct my lack of knowledge...like I need to say
that to *this* crowd. ;-)  Point is: stuff goes out, maybe I break
even or come out a little ahead, it clutters up your basement and
not mine, yay.

Oh, or instead of $$, stuff I want: Sun USB keyboards.  Spare parts
(disk, memory, etc.) and such for Sun V100s.  External USB disk
enclosures.  Super-quiet desktop PC with room for two drives and
4G of RAM.

	$$ The Instant Solaris collection ;-) :
		Solaris 2.5 server /97 for Sparc
		Solaris 2.5.1 11/97 for Sparc
		Solaris 2.6 server for Sparc
		Solaris 2.7 server for Sparc
		Solaris 8 (2.8) for Sparc
		Solaris 9 (2.9) for Sparc
	All with the boxes and discs and manuals and so on.  This is
	about 40 pounds of Solaris, I'm guessing.

	Firewall-1 set of manuals: Architecture and Admin User Guide 3.0,
	Magaging w/GUI 3.0, Getting Started 3.0, SecuRemote Client 3.0,
	Managed w/OpenLook GUI 3.0.

	Netscape SuiteSpot directory server 1.0 box (no s/w, can't
		figure out where that went, maybe someone else on
		the rescue list)

	OpenWindows Developer's Guide 3.0 manual set, still sealed(!):
		800-6585-10
		800-6584-10
		800-6586-10
		800-6587-10
		800-6588-10

	$$ BSDI "Internet Super Server" 4.0 distribution box
		including the s/w and docs

	Gauntlet firewall manuals: Admin Guide 3.2, Inst Guide 3.2,
	Upgrade Guide 4.0a, Inst Guide 4.0a, Admin Guide 4.0a

	F5 manuals: XBigPipe User's Guide 1.0, BigIP^2 Inst/User Guide 1.8

	NetApp manuals: Data ONTAP 5.1.1 Command Ref Guide,
	Data ONTAP 5.1.1 Admin Guide

	Andatco GigaRaid Tower Systems User's Guide

	Veritas Foundation Suite/HA for Solaris release 9903:
	the box has a bunch of manuals and a still-sealed CD.
	Says on the back it requires Sparc Solaris 2.5.1/2.6,
	but I dunno if that means "exactly" or "or newer".

	Sun Enterprise 250 Owner's Guide
	Sun Enterprise 250 CPU Module Guide

	Bunch of Solaris 2.5/2.5.1 docs: Sparc hardware platform guide,
	open issues,  hardware roadmap, CDE install/admin guide,
	WABI install guide, install guide.

	Sun StorEdge RAID Manager 6.1.1 docs: user's guide, release notes.
	Sun StorEdge RAID Manager 6.1.2 install/support guide. w/CD
	Sun StorEdge A1000/D1000 install/op/service manual
	Sun StorEdge A1000/D1000 FlexiPack User's Guide.

	Sun Workshop s/w and doc set, w/license:
		Workshop compiler C/C++ for Sparc version 4.2 CD
		C++ library reference 4.2
		C Compiler User's Guide 4.2
		Tools.h++ User's Guide Version 7.0
		Tools.h++ Class Library Reference Version 7.0
		Numerical Computation Guide (cool little book)
		Performance Profiling Tools Guide
		Incremental Link Editor Guide

	$$ Still-sealed US Robotics Sportster external Faxmodem Model #839

	$$ OSF/Motif set: almost brand new.
		OSF/Motif 1.1 programmer's reference (hardcover)
		OSF/Motif 1.1 programmer's guide
		OSF/Motif 1.1 programmer's guide
		OSF/Motif user's guide

	Sparc 10 speakerbox, was working years ago. Plus
		a few old Sun microphones.

	$$ Promise Technology Ultra ATA/100 controller card in the original
	box with manual, cable, etc.

	$$ Cisco 772 with power supply. Powers up, but dunno if it works.

	TDK PCMCIA 28.8 modem DF2814 V.34 in original plastic box with dongle

	Jerrold Gibraltar Series Model 4400 VHF/UHF/FM Amplifier, circa 1975.		Rackmount, roughly 2U.

	$$ Bunch of calculators, no idea if any work:
		HP 32E with original box, docs, charger
		TI SR-10 with original box, docs, charger
		TI 30X-A
		HP 10B
		TI 1025
		manual for TI-83 plus (but no TI-83!)