[rescue] Space Shuttle Main Engine

Mark Benson md.benson at gmail.com
Mon Jan 18 02:24:20 CST 2010

On 17 Jan 2010, at 19:37, Jonathan Patschke wrote:

> http://www.nytimes.com/2010/01/17/science/space/17nasa.html
>
> Genuine NASA Space Shuttle main engines.  First-come, first-serve.  Free
> to good home, must arrange transportation and pay associated handling
> costs.  Please reply to NASA by 19 February 2010.

Yet *again* I curse living so far from the USA. I've become a *serious* Space
Shuttle geek over the last year (I always have had a taste for space) thanks
to all the great folks I've met on Twitter who geek up space stuff, some of
them work at KSC on the Shuttle program (yeh they are nervous). I'm basically
in the enviable situation of being able to get an answer (eventually) to
pretty much anything technical I need to know about the system. Saves trawling
through the handbook at the very least :)

If they give away the Vernier engines from the RCS system I'd serious consider
asking the cost of freight on one. Sealed in a plexi-glass box it'd make a
damn fine coffee table ornament :)

--
Mark Benson

My Blog: