[rescue] Space Shuttle Main Engine

Carl R. Friend crfriend at rcn.com
Sun Jan 17 15:10:24 CST 2010

    On Sun, 17 Jan 2010, Rick Hamell wrote:

> And yes, we already have the Spruce Goose there.

    Way cool!  Cooler, actually, than a SSME.  With the Spruce
Goose you have a "flight article"; with a SSME, you might have
a spare part.

    I'm half tempted to forward the NYT article link to my wife with a
subject line of, "Can I have one. please?!"  The only problem is that
I put a premium of actually running artifacts I collect.  SSMEs don't
get the best fuel mileage, but the thrust-to-weight-ratio on my small
Nissan.....!  :-)

    Cheers!