[rescue] Keyboard cable and mouse for DEC alpha AXP3000 needed

leaknoil leaknoil at comcast.net
Mon Jan 4 17:48:12 CST 2010

I have the tower version of the DEC AXP3000 alpha box and I want to run
it as an OpenVMS server. Unfortunately, I didn't realize you could run
it without the keyboard and mouse attached.  I gave away my keyboard
cable and mouse to someone thinking I wouldn't need it. Turns out I do.
Doesn't get past self tests without it attached.

Anyone have a spare set they can part with ? I have plenty of the
keyboards but, not that cable with the db15 on one end and the plastic
block where you plug in the keyboard and mouse on the other. I probably
don't even need a mouse but, I'm not sure.

Anyone know a secret way to boot these without a keyboard ? Everything I
found online seems to say it can't be done.

Thanks,
Pete