[rescue] Wanted: RS/6000, 5250 Twinax cable/terminator, AlphaServer 1000A SCSI cable/terminator, DEC 3000 motherboard

Andrew Warkentin andreww591 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 24 15:54:46 CST 2010

I am looking for a few things:

I recently picked up an iSeries 270 and an AS/400 Model 200. A terminal
and an 8-port Twinax hub were included, but not the cable to connect the
terminal to the hub. The terminal has a "Y" cable with a DA15 and two
male Twinax connectors. The connectors on the hub are also male, so I
think that what I need is an F-F Twinax cable. I'm not sure if a
terminator is required for the un-connected Twinax connector on the "Y"
cable or not (I'm not really very familiar with AS/400s).

I have an AlphaServer 1000A 4/266 which is missing the terminator for
the internal SCSI backplane (because this is missing, the SCSI drives
sometimes stop responding and cause the system to hang). It is also
missing the cable to connect the two sections of the backplane. Does
anybody have either of these?

I have a DEC 3000/300X that no longer boots. The diagnostic LEDs show
"FA", which represents a memory test failure. I think that one of the
SIMM slots is damaged. When I got it, it would only boot after I removed
and re-installed the SIMMs. I tried cleaning the SIMMs and slots with
99% alcohol, so I don't think that dirty contacts are a problem. I think
that replacing the motherboard would fix the problem.

I am also looking for an RS/6000 (preferably one with PCI rather than
MCA). Does anybody have one that they want to get rid of for free or cheap?