[rescue] Question about Mac's

Nadine Miller velociraptor at gmail.com
Sun Feb 21 18:43:55 CST 2010

On Feb 20, 2010, at 6:53 PM, Derrik Walker v2.0 wrote:

> On Feb 20, 2010, at 9:41 PM, Earl Baugh wrote:
>
>> Hey,
>>
>> A friend from church has some older Mac's that they'd like to get rid of.
>> I've already placed the G4 (a M8493) and 22inch Cinema Display (M8149 -
not
>> an aluminum one, but
>> the Lexan case)  but there is a G3 (M4405) and a Mac II ci.   All of which
>> are in good working
>> condition.  The Mac II ci even has a twisted pair / AUI ethernet card....
>>
>> I'm not as involved in the Mac communities as I am with the Sun, but was
>> wondering
>> if anybody here (Nadine?) could point me to where would be the best place
>> find
>> folks who would be interested.  (if anybody here is interested, let me
>> know..)
>

> I wouldn't mind getting my hands on the IIci.  Where is Nadine?

Nadine spent yesterday driving from Reno to Las Vegas after a week
conspi^H^H^H^H^H^Hplanning with teammates on our data center move from our HQ
to Reno.

I'd say low end mac mailing list if you have no results from Craigslist.

The II ci will probably be hard to get any cash for, as they were not moving
that well even back in late '03.  I sent all my old stuff (e.g. pre-G3) to the
recyclers except for the something that one of my musician buddies wanted for
spare parts.

I still have a G4 Digital Audio with bad FW ports and one sketchy PCI slot,
and my PB G4...still debating keeping PPC in the house for old games...

Took an entire pickup truck bed load to the recyclers and still have too many
SCSI cables, 13W3 converters, Mac->VGA video adaptors and other stuff here.
Still need to box up the spare Sun bits and send them to der Mouse and that
SGI keyboard & mouse to Bob.  Sorry I'm so slow...