[rescue] Big computer, single phase, three phase

Ethan O'Toole ethan at 757tech.net
Fri Feb 12 12:28:11 CST 2010

Years ago when I worked at NASA most of the ~220 systems were setup so all
the cabinets shared the same set of legs from the AC feed.

Are there any issues if I have a 3 cabinet system that uses 240 single
phase, with putting each cabinet on a different set of legs?

System has 3 240 (or 208 or whatever) vac single phase inputs. I was
thinking of doing leg A to B, B to C, C to A for each part.

Outside of the obvious issues if a phase dies and such, anyknow know
if there should be much of a problem doing this? It's not production. The
machine just drives a bunch of DC power supplies anyways.

--
: FLICKR   http://www.flickr.com/photos/ethanotoole :