[rescue] Looking for a Powermac G5 Logic Board - 2.0Ghz DP

gsm at mendelson.com gsm at mendelson.com
Wed Feb 10 07:05:51 CST 2010

On Wed, Feb 10, 2010 at 07:32:10AM -0500, Christopher Purdy wrote:

>I recently acquired a PM G5 with what appears to be a bad logic board.... it
>wont see the SATA drive when attached to either port, random memory errors,
>random resets with black screen and fans on mach 5..... Openfirmware reports
>that CPU2 is stopped and CPU 1 is running, not sure if this is an issue or
>not..

If this is due to the bad capacitors, which seems about right (check memory
first), then you can find people who will repair them for $85. I don't
know anything about it, except that I saw mention of it in the last
few days on the comp.sys.mac newsgroups.

Geoff.

New word I coined 12/13/09, "Sub-Wikipedia" adj, describing knowledge or
understanding, as in he has a sub-wikipedia understanding of the situation.
i.e possessing less facts or information than can be found in the Wikipedia.