[rescue] Solaris CD ISOs?

Phil Stracchino alaric at metrocast.net
Mon Feb 1 07:34:42 CST 2010

On 02/01/10 03:16, Jonathan Groll wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 30, 2010 at 02:18:10PM -0500, Phil Stracchino wrote:
>> Further to the previous question:
>> The ZFS pools on babylon4 are a newer ZFS version than the Solaris x86
>> CDs I have (which are 10/2008).  The only release I see available for
>> download from Sun^H^H^HOracle is 10/2009, and I see only DVD images.
>> babylon4 does not have a DVD drive.  Does anyone happen to know what the
>> most recent amd64 Solaris 10 CD ISOs are?  Worst case, I can take the
>> DVD drive out of this machine, but I'd sooner not if I can avoid it.
>
> If you already have Solaris installed, you could also do a
> live-upgrade [1,2] from the NFS mounted DVD image. In fact, if I
> recall I've had better luck with live upgrade and DVD images rather
> than CD images.

Well, I could have, were it not that the machine wouldn't boot from disk  ;)

I actually may give that a try, as it's something I should learn.  The
one thing I'm not clear on is, does a live upgrade blindly reinstall all
default packages, or will it leave out packages that have been removed
or replaced?

  alaric at caerllewys.net   alaric at metrocast.net   phil at co.ordinate.org
                 It's not the years, it's the mileage.