[rescue] Motion controllers for robots?

Ethan O'Toole ethan at 757tech.net
Wed Dec 22 20:24:41 CST 2010

> Cheap is relative.  Affordable would include Gecko stuff.  Real easy to work
> with, too.  6 axis last time I bought one.
> -Bob

It's being moved to Gecko drives, 2 axis at a time. Running two 203V's
right now. Prob 4 soon.

Using EMC2 right now. Probably going to run 2 LPT ports at first, but
ghetto PC hax don't have enough I/O for encoders. Once thought is to do
logic chips and pulse a pin. The other idea is some cheap NI cards from
ebay.

--
: FLICKR   http://www.flickr.com/photos/ethanotoole :