[rescue] Booting error on Sparcstation 2

Dark Den darkden at mail.ru
Mon Dec 20 00:55:54 CST 2010

Sun, 19 Dec 2010 13:42:30 -0800 PISXMO OT "r.stricklin" <bear at typewritten.org>:

> > Boot: Lookuppn failed: Not a directory  (errno 20)
> > Illegal instruction
>
> The disk at that hardware path doesn't have a valid 4.2 filesystem.
> Possibly
> the FS is corrupt, or your disk is failing.
>
> One thing, I'm not sure what will happen if you don't specify a slice,
> the
> default might be :a, it might be something nonsensical. Try this boot device
> instead:
>
> /sbus/esp at 0,800000/sd at 3,0:a

I hope disk and fs is fine, system don't show any error with disk or fs
I try boot with -a args and i think error not in chose slice.

Rebooting with comman: -a
Boot device: /sbus/esp at 0,800000/sd at 3,0 File and args: -a
Root file system type (4.2 nfs)
Default root device: /sbus/esp at 0,800000/sd at 3,0
Root (block) device ('*' for list): /sbus/esp at 0,800000/sd at 3,0:
Partition ('a' - 'h'):
Root on /sbus/esp at 0,800000/sd at 3,0 FSType 4.2
Boot:
Boot: vmunix
Boot: Lookuppn failed: Not a directory (errno 20)
Illegal instruction

How I can check FS? Or disk?
Try on boot prom command diag any of args i see only:

diag ?
ok

> > Rebooting with command: anner
>
> You're interacting with the 'old' style boot PROM, and not
> OpenBoot. If you
> want to play with FORTH, type 'n' for new command mode. Then you can
> run
> 'banner'.

thx