[rescue] fwd: [Suns-at-Home] Looking for a 1998 era Sun VME computer

Sandwich Maker adh at an.bradford.ma.us
Fri Dec 17 12:49:18 CST 2010

just passing on...

" Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2010 10:04:32 -0800 (PST)
" From: William Merrill <pottersailor at yahoo.com>
"
" I am the NASA radio manager at Kennedy Space Center and am in need of
" a power supply for a 1998 era Sun computer.  My request is not for
" home use so I hope this doesn't violate a policy of this email list.
" The computer was re-badged by Motorola and sold as the "Zone
" Controller" in our two-way radio system.  The box is 19" wide by 32"
" tall 25" deep.  Ours is 16 port model containing two power supply
" cards (and two 115 VAC power plugs), two CPU cards, a DB15 connector
" for Ethernet (we use an adapter to convert to RJ45), a horizontal fan
" module, and several I/O cards.  Cards are inserted from the front and
" back of the computer.  It was originally made by the British telecom
" supplier "Integrated Micro Products" which Sun acquired in 1996.  Any
" leads are much appreciated!
" T. William Merrill