[rescue] fwd: [Suns-at-Home] S-bus, M-bus, RAM, odds and ends free to good home 08822 NJ US

der Mouse mouse at Rodents-Montreal.ORG
Tue Aug 31 13:54:42 CDT 2010

> Personally, I have a very well-developed "Oh shit, I dropped it, get
> my feet the *(&%*&%^$# out of the landing zone" reflex.

So do I...except that it doesn't appear to truly be a reflex.  If it's
something heavy or pointy or some such, that's my reaction.  But if
it's something brittle and not particularly damaging if it _does_ land
on my foot (a china teacup, a light bulb, that sort of thing), my
"reflex" is the reverse: stick my foot under the falling object.

I've wondered if I have two reflexes and my reflex system is configured
to use one or the other by my knowwledge of what I'm potentially
dropping, or whether there is something like cognition going on much
faster than usual, or what.

/~\ The ASCII				  Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign
 X  Against HTML		mouse at rodents-montreal.org