[rescue] fwd: [Suns-at-Home] S-bus, M-bus, RAM, odds and ends free to good home 08822 NJ US

Patrick Giagnocavo patrick at zill.net
Tue Aug 31 13:21:33 CDT 2010

On 8/31/2010 1:16 PM, Jonathan Patschke wrote:
> On Tue, 31 Aug 2010, Steve Hatle wrote:
>
>> Yeah- I dropped a Dodge Dart on my Redwing Steel Toes, and came out of it
>> still able to count up to 20...
>
> The next week after I bought my first pair of Red Wing steel-toed boots, a
> well-populated Cisco 7000 came off the top shelf in my company's equipment
> storage room and landed on my right foot.  The 7000 was bent, and my foot
> was fine.  I wore Red Wings to work for years after that. :)

Did a mountain ever spring up in the middle of the raised floor room :-)

That was our rationale (at a company in Denver I worked at) ... in case
it did, we would be prepared!

I suppose we have a new measure of steel toe strength, measured in
either U2's (the 7000 sounds like 8 U2 units) or perhaps for larger
values, E10Ks  (about 300 U2s in an E10K).

So a boot able to handle a crore of U2s would be a great boot to have.

--Patrick