[rescue] weird power supply request

John Floren slawmaster at gmail.com
Tue Aug 24 21:30:14 CDT 2010

On Tue, Aug 24, 2010 at 10:22 PM, Curtis H. Wilbar Jr.
<rescue at hawkmountain.net> wrote:
> John Floren wrote:
>>
>> I'm posting here in the hopes that somebody might be able to help. I
>> just came into possession of a Gateway Profile 1.5 which looks like
>> it'll be a neat little all-in-one terminal assuming I can get some
>> reasonable OS (preferably Plan 9) on it. However, it uses an external
>> power supply, more specifically a 19V 4.something amp brick, which I
>> don't have. Does anybody on the list have one of these sitting around?
>>

> I don't think I have anything... but 19V is what many of today's
> laptops use... Dell I know uses 19V.... and the powerbricks from
> the current Latitude line should do 4+A, as well as possibly the
> one from the Inspiron 5160 as well.
>
> I believe later IBM Thinkpads, and likely the current Lenovo's
> use 19V... so there should be quite a supply of supplies that can
> do 19V....
>
> -- Curt
>
>> Thanks
>>

>> John

Fantastic! I guess I never thought to check what kind of voltages
laptop chargers provide. I'll take a look at my T23 and at any other
chargers I can find lying about.

Thanks

John
--
"With MPI, familiarity breeds contempt. Contempt and nausea. Contempt,
nausea, and fear. Contempt, nausea, fear, and .." -- Ron Minnich