[rescue] Parts needed for VAXstation 3200

leaknoil leaknoil at charter.net
Sun Aug 22 15:07:43 CDT 2010

  I was just given a VAXStation 3200 but, the drives are gone along with
whatever mounted them in there. I'd love to get this running again.
Anyone have spare drives (tape and mfm) and the mounting hardware for
these ? A front cover would be nice too.  I'm in California but, I'd be
willing to ship pretty far. Even just the sleds would be a great help.

Failing that does anyone know if it possible to stick a qbus scsi
controller in it ? Would the boot rom even support booting from SCSI ? I
have a RZ28 and a SCSI TK50 somewhere I think.

If anyone has a more complete VAX/VMS running box in the SF Bay Area and
wanted to trade it for this, or just get rid of, let me know.  I'm not
particularly attached to this and really don't need another 'project' .
I just want an old VAX or PDP to play with occasionally and nothing that
takes three phase or blows all my fuses. This was going to be recycled
if I didn't grab it.