[rescue] Romania: complete PDP-11/93 on offer for $

Nigel Williams nigel.d.williams at gmail.com
Thu Aug 19 18:35:16 CDT 2010

As I have a webpage (www.retroComputingTasmania.com) describing my attempts
to resurrect an PDP 11/93 I was contacted by a company from Resita, Romania
who have just decommissioned an 11/93 in operation since 1993; it includes 5
DEC VT terminals and a non-functioning line printer.

They describe it as a "PDP 11/93 193 QZ-D3, model HB9642- JB"

They are inviting offers for this system, in their words "...for a fair
price proposal.".

Cellphone quality pictures sent to me are linked here:

http://imgur.com/Hj6fR
http://imgur.com/CJU3q
http://imgur.com/docPG

For my curiosity can anyone tell me what the cabinet on the right is likely
to contain? is it disk expansion?

Contact me off-list if you want to see the original emails.

Please contact Zoltan Korka (zkorka AtThisDomain resitareductoare.com)
www.resitareductoare.com