[rescue] FFS to a good home GENERAL UPDATE

r.stricklin bear at typewritten.org
Sun Aug 15 20:32:37 CDT 2010

On Aug 15, 2010, at 5:57 PM, James Birdsall wrote:

>  although it looks like the 7133 chassis and the Alphaserver will be
> going that way.

anecdote:

Ten years ago, I had a 7133-020 shipped to me. The seller sent it in a
cardboard box, loose, with literally no packing material. The UPS lady
had some choice words for me about it. But it arrived mechanically
intact apart from the plastic front, which was in pieces. All of the
drives were still functional, including the hot-swap mechanics.

I chose to raise a stink about it with the seller, who agreed to ship
me a second unit, and let me keep the first. It was sent exactly the
same way.

Both are still running. The 7133 is a seriously impressive piece of
steel plate.

ok
bear