[rescue] Mac IIfx compatible NuBus video card.

Ian Finder ian.finder at gmail.com
Mon Oct 26 16:33:49 CDT 2009

Well, the current video card I have in it has a PeeCee style HD-15
connector. I'm using it with a SiliconGraphics-badged multisync
monitor so SOG and all that jazz is accounted for. (One can never own
enough SGI monitors). I suppose which adapter I need will be based on
which NuBus video card I get to replace this one... Which, it sounds
like at this point, may not be the issue at all.

Still, all the caps are clean and sealed, the RAM and ROM seated, the
PRAM is zapped and powered, but the video is still blank- although it
must be carrying a signal because the display wakes up and gets sync.
It was all working within hours of my first post, except I think one
of the PRAM batteries was also shot. (Both have since been replaced
for good measure)

A connected scsi disk does not seem to seek, by the way, when the
machine powers up, but this is likely IIfx scsi voodoo.

To conclude, WTF Apple?!

- Ian F