[rescue] off topic - red hat linux book

Dan Duncan danduncan at gmail.com
Tue Oct 20 22:53:31 CDT 2009

> On 10/20/09 17:57, Phil Stracchino wrote:
>
> My experience is, at least some of them probably are.  I beta-tested
>> some of the Red Hat Brainshare courses at one point ... even leaving
>> aside cases where different whitespace meant being scored as a wrong
>> answer, there was only one "right" answer to any question, it was often
>> not the best answer, and sometimes it was technically outright wrong.
>> But even when it was the wrong answer, It Was The Red Hat Answer.
>>

>On Tue, Oct 20, 2009 at 9:20 PM, Jerry Kemp <sun.mail.list47 at oryx.cc>wrote:
>I wear several hats, and I have noticed uniqueness and oddities surrounding
most certification test.

>I have never taken any linux/red hat cert test, I would comment that if you
had left red hat out of your comments below, I would have >guessed that you
were talking about an IBM AIX test.

I've taken RHCT and RHCE exams and there were no questions to be answered
unless you count filling in my name and signing the NDA.  The whole exam is
practical and you deliver a system configured as requested.  How you get
there (GUI, CLI, clay tablets) is entirely up to you.  The whitespace used
in the config file would be correct if it worked with the application in
question.  (bind, ftp, whatever)

--
Dan Duncan