[rescue] Source for ID proms, PCMCIA drive in Voyager?

David Griffith dgriffi at cs.csubak.edu
Fri Oct 16 11:31:57 CDT 2009

On Fri, 16 Oct 2009, Ethan O'Toole wrote:

> Two quick questions...
>
> Any thoughts on current sources for replacement idproms for Suns?

I've generally thought of this as somewhat moot.  Whenever I have this
problem, I saw open the battery chamber, extract the old battery, and
epoxy a button cell holder to the top.  I don't know what happened to the
battery replacement page at http://www.bhargavaz.net/nvram/, but it looks
like someone saved a .doc version of it at
http://www.leetupload.com/database/Misc/Papers/MANUALS/SUN/DPROM.doc.
There you can see a picture of what I did with my IPX's idprom.  The fix
works perfectly and nothing is rattling around the motherboard.

--
David Griffith
dgriffi at cs.csubak.edu