[rescue] UPS battery source? [was Re: Any recommendations on rack-mount UPS?]

Dan Sikorski me at dansikorski.com
Wed Oct 14 13:18:38 CDT 2009

Scott Newell wrote:
> All this talk of UPS and batteries reminds me that I need some new ones for
> my Powerware 9125.  I think it uses 4 x 12V 9AH.  Anyone know of a good and
> inexpensive source in the US?

It may not work for you, but you might want to look into setting up a
business account with Batteries Plus.  Their normal retail prices for
these batteries are high, but having a business account with them offers
substantial discounts.  We buy all of our standard sized replacement
batteries from them.  The werker ones that i buy for my APCs and
Lieberts are a common size that they keep tons of in stock.  After the
recent conversations, I checked it out and found out that they are AGM
SLA's.

    -Dan Sikorski