[rescue] Small Cheap Linux Board??

gsm at mendelson.com gsm at mendelson.com
Thu Nov 26 08:46:38 CST 2009

On Thu, Nov 26, 2009 at 02:38:22PM +0000, Weird Shanghai wrote:
>they are interesting but not industrial enough, as htey overhead easialy,
>fall over and die without warning, and generally are useful as play toys
>only. not industrial applications.

That answers my question.

I had assumed that you were looking for something for your home, or
a prototype/proof of concept unit.

If you want something for industrial applications, you are talking about
a very different board than any of the ones suggested.

There are specialty boards designed to be embedded in machinery and they
are not common nor cheap.

AFAIK there is someone on this list who actually works on such things,
hopefully he'll respond now that we know what you are looking for.

Besides being "industrial stength", the boards have to be certified for
things that they cheap ones are not even tested, which adds significantly to
the cost.

Geoff.