[rescue] What Linux can run on Sun Fire V890 (UltraSparc IV+) server

Jerry K sun.mail.list47 at oryx.cc
Wed Nov 25 10:00:58 CST 2009

As far as the listed apps go, he could either compile his own using
either GCC, or Sun Studio compiler.  Both are free.

The supporting applications are also available in a precompiled package
format from several locations.

Once the supporting applications are in place, Blender, can either be
compiled, or downloaded as a precompiled package.  I don't know how many
choices/options for precompiled Blender there are, but at a minimum,
there is a precompiled Blender package for download on the Blender site.

Jerry