[rescue] Electronics Recycling Day

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 14 15:39:52 CST 2009

On Sat, Nov 14, 2009 at 3:44 PM, Dave Fischer <dave at cca.org> wrote:
> jruschme at gmail.com writes:
>
>>PC Laptop: Definitely scrap anything below 400mhz (I'll let the ThinkPad
>>600e sneak in there), but I'd probably at least give/sell anything below a
>>P3 1.0 Ghz. (Which reminds me... I really should list those Thinkpad T20s on
>>eBay one of these days.)
>
> I have a few really old Panasonic Toughbooks that are definately
> worth saving.
>
> CF27's - the *real* Toughbooks.

Dave, those are obvious exceptions... My point was a generic P3
desktop, workstation or server are not worth saving...

Your Toughbooks would be an example of a machine whose design
transcends the silicon inside the machine. So would my Librettos...

My guideline revolved around "generic" or mainstream desktops/etc.

Lionel

--
Lionel Peterson
lionel4287 at gmail.com