[rescue] Can a drive from an EMC be used an a SunBlade

Sandwich Maker adh at an.bradford.ma.us
Sat Nov 14 08:01:00 CST 2009

" From: "Curtis H. Wilbar Jr." <rescue at hawkmountain.net>
"
" []
"
" Well, FC drives are similar to SCA SCSI Drives.... all functions on one
" connector, and the drive is intended to go into a backplane.  So, any
" modification of the system would involve an alteration of the FC
" backplane in my SunBlade 2000... which is not something I'd want to
" do.... then there is the issue of is the 5V to be left unconnected, or
" is 12V to be send on the pins where 5V normally would be ?

i wonder if it's possible to pull the relevant emc docs up online...
or perhaps seagate would respond to the p/n; they used to have config
info for drives going back to the cdc days.