[rescue] RDI laptop questions (Sparcbook (Ultrabook, Precisionbook)

stephen price sd_price at yahoo.com
Thu May 21 19:41:10 CDT 2009

> Or needs its RAM reseated, HD pulled, etc... :)

Exactly - I've had to do that on several tadpole systems.  On one, I found both bad ram and a blown processor (red exception state <grin>) thru the simple serial console connect - as nothing showed on screen.

Another potential gotcha is that if there is no ram installed, it can do the same thing sometimes.  I've seen several on e-pay that listed ram but didn't have any (bought one of those).

regards
steve
ft worth tx