[rescue] Anyone know how to configure the Solaris 10 System Management Agent (snmpd)

John Lengeling John.Lengeling at radisys.com
Thu May 14 16:57:26 CDT 2009

I am trying to get the System Management Agent (snmpd) configured under
Solaris 10 on a Sun V215.

I have the master agent configured and running, as I can do a snmpwalk
and get various variables.   The problem is that I would like to monitor
the system for various hardware faults.  On my T5120, I use the ALOM for
SNMP management, but it looks like on the V215, I have to use snmpd on
the OS.  (The ALOM under V215 doesn't support SNMP).

I am not clear on which MIB will have the hardware fault information.
Maybe SUN-FM-MIB or ENTITY-MIB.   I don't see either of these when I
perform a complete snmpwalk of all of the varibles...

Anyone help?

johnl