[rescue] Tapes, Drives, Libraries, and Arrays Need to Go

Steve Hatle shatle at nfldinet.com
Tue May 12 15:10:55 CDT 2009

On 5/12/09 2:56 PM, "Jonathan C. Patschke" wrote:

> I also have a Sun StorEdge L3500 tape library with six DLT7000 drives.  It
> is mechanically sound, and the drives work, but there's a defective
> optointerruptor that determines the X position of the carriage; it's a
> cheap part to replace and shouldn't take a lot of labor, but I'm backing
> up to disk now.  You may either pick this up, or help me load it and
> unload it, and I'll drive it to your central Texas location with my truck.
>
> Photos of the library are here:
>
>          http://jonathan.celestrion.net/photos/library/

I had to look at the pics. I also had to smile when the first files in the
directory have "on.truck" in the names :-)

Reminds me of the quote I saw on the Nekochan forums within the last couple
of weeks:

"Once you step up to the big iron, you learn all about physics, electrical
standards, and first aid - usually all in the same day"