[rescue] GT interface card with SS5?

Richard legalize at xmission.com
Fri Jun 26 12:20:10 CDT 2009

In article <F7F92FE1-C1D7-4D53-976E-7410909AB935 at gmail.com>,
    Lionel Peterson <lionel4287 at gmail.com>  writes:

> Sun SS5's have a lot of limitations, if you want an SS20 or SS10 (at
> actual shipping cost) drop me a note...
>
> SS5's max out at 256M, SS10 and SS20 go to 512M, and support more, and
> faster, CPUs... Might make for more enjoyable tinkering.

I picked up an SS5 locally for $5.  The price was right :-).  It also
has a GPIB board in it, which is unusual.  It included the usual keyboard,
mouse and optical mousepad.  At this point, I'm more interested in
just seeing if I can get the GT to work.  Maybe at some point I will
look into getting a better SS, but my focus is on graphics.  And yes,
I know the GT is a shitty graphics system :-).  But it was free and
even shitty graphics systems have a place in my museum.