[rescue] SUCCESS with Coherent

gsm at mendelson.com gsm at mendelson.com
Tue Jun 9 11:51:15 CDT 2009

On Tue, Jun 09, 2009 at 11:42:19AM -0500, Bill Bradford wrote:
>QEMU (I'm using the "Q" bundled app for OSX) 0.9.0 won't run it - weirdness
>in the floppy drive emulation - but I just successfully installed it on a
>100M virtual hard disk using Q/QEMU 0.9.1!
>
>The x86 emulation on a 1.25Ghz PPC is kinda slow, but I'll fiddle with it
>on a native x86 Mac tonight at home.

Considering the fact I ran it for years on an 8mHz '286, I can't see what
you are complaining about :-)

Roughly it should be equivalent to a 150 mHz 80286, so you should IMHO be
so lucky.

I did a lot on that machine, including email (via uucp), usenet, C programing,
etc.

It even came with a device drivers development kit. (extra cost option)

Geoff.