[rescue] Spare bits

Nadine Miller velociraptor at gmail.com
Thu Jun 4 02:29:24 CDT 2009

I was going through the parts box the other day, thought I'd see if
any recuers would be interested.

* 2x Chameleon USB to Sun keyboard adaptors.  I think they are most
useful if you would like to use a Sun type 5 or similar keyboard w/the
mini-Din connector on a box that has or requires a USB keyboard.  They
were used with Lightwave console devices, afaik.  PN: 500-000-1002
Free for postage.

* 1x SCA to 68-pin SCSI adaptor.  I'm fairly certain it's a 2-way
thing, but it may only accept a disk on the SCA side and a cable/
controller on the 68-pin side.  No docs, but the jumpers are
reasonably well-labelled.  Couple of bucks and postage.

* 19" Princeton LCD languishing here.  It's no uber-gaming panel or
anything, but hubby with the picky eyesight used it as his primary for
about 2-3 years until he got his Dell 20" WS.  No stuck or dead pixels
last time it was powered up, will test before shipping to verify.  I
can provide model # and specs to interested parties.  $100 shipped to
the lower 48.  I'll ship elsewhere, if you'll cover the difference in
postage.

* 2x LSI PCI SCSI cards that were purchased for Sun workstations but
never installed.  They are SCSI-3, but not fast.  They have those
wonky mini SCSI connectors for external cables, and are 68-pin for
internal connectors.  $30 ea, shipped.

Not really looking for anything right now other than an IBM Model M15
ergo keyboard, a Matias Tactile Pro (version 1, not 2) keyboard, or a
possibly a Comfort Keyboard adjustable 3-piece keyboard.  Anyone know
if this has "clicky" keyswitches like IBM, Cherry, or Matias?)

If anyone is in need of 50-pin SCSI disks (3.5" disks, not full or
half-height old school server stuff)--all out of Macs or older Mac kit
(pre OS X), let me know and I'll dig around to see if I have what you
want.  Most of older stuff will be cost of postage.

I'm in San Bruno, CA (94066).

Can meet @ San Bruno or other West Bay BART station if you are in
Silly Valley and willing to buy me a beer. :-)

=Nadine=