[rescue] Question, which machine to keep, which two to go?

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 11 20:28:17 CST 2009

On Dec 11, 2009, at 11:18 AM, Joshua Boyd <jdboyd at jdboyd.net> wrote:

> I haven't spent time trying to confirm this, but I have a feeling that
> the U60 has higher memory bandwidth than a U5/10/B100.

I didn't want to get too specific on the differences, because it can
start heated debates about sibtle variations in CPU capabilities and
their suitability to particular applications... ;^)

The U5/U10/SB100 were all (in my opinion) 'compromise' desktops, with
a focus on providing 'low-cost' SPARC Solaris desktops, while the U30
and U60 were designed for a higher price-point, with correspondingly
better performance...

Lionel