[rescue] ATX power switch

Phil Stracchino alaric at metrocast.net
Thu Dec 3 16:06:08 CST 2009

Sridhar Ayengar wrote:
> Phil Stracchino wrote:
>> Anybody happen to have a spare ATX momentary-contact power switch (with
>> the 2-ear screw mounting) lying around?  I need to replace a failed
>> switch, but the only place I can find one online is Fry's Electronics,
>> and they want $9 for ground shipping on a $3 switch.  Hello?  Small
>> padded envelope, two first-class stamps, DONE.
>
> Are you in a hurry?  I know I have one in the pile somewhere, but I
> don't have time to look right now.

No great rush, no.  It's just that paying three times the cost of the
switch for UPS ground shipping is stupidly wasteful, and the local
computer repair shop isn't interested in just selling us the switch,
they want to charge us probably a $60 minimum service fee to have their
"technician" (who probably wouldn't know what to do with anything but a
bog-standard PC) install it for us (probably breaking something else in
the process).

  alaric at caerllewys.net   alaric at metrocast.net   phil at co.ordinate.org
                 It's not the years, it's the mileage.