[rescue] A couple of HP/SGI workstations

Nate nate at portents.com
Sun Aug 30 13:34:02 CDT 2009

I'm in 02144, greatly prefer local pickup as I don't have any boxes/
packing material this size handy (though I could probably have it
packed/shipped by UPS if someone is really interested ).

I'm not sure what the current value of any of this stuff is, I just
know what I paid for them originally, and what I paid for the
additional cards and RAM and OS discs, but what any of that is worth
now I don't know, so I'm open to offers.  Over the last two weeks I've
done wipes and clean installs of the OS and the systems are all in
working order.

HP Visualize C360
Processor: PA-8500 367MHz with 512/1024KB on-chip I/D L1 cache
Graphics: Visualize-EG video card (EVC connector - tried it with a
Dell EVC to VGA adapter I had, couldn't get any video out, don't have
any other EVC to VGA adapters, but works great over serial console)
Memory size: 1024 MBytes ECC (1GB)
9GB Seagate Ultra-Wide SCSI drive
SCSI CD-ROM
Supports HP-UX, Linux, and OpenBSD
HP-UX 11i full media set included
General information: http://www.openpa.net/systems/hp-visualize_c200_c240_c360.html

HP Visualize C3650
Processor: PA-8700 625MHz with 768/1536KB on-chip I/D L1 cache
Graphics: Visualize-FX10 video card (VGA and DVI-D connectors)
Memory size: 4096 MBytes ECC (4GB)
18GB Seagate Cheetah 15k RPM Ultra-Wide SCSI drive
IDE DVD-RAM drive
HP keyboard and mouse included
Supports HP-UX, Linux, and OpenBSD
HP-UX 11i full media set included
General information: http://www.openpa.net/systems/hp-visualize_b1000_c3000_c3600.html

SGI Indigo 2
Processor: 195Mhz R10000, with 32/32KB I/D L1 cache, 1024KB L2 cache
Memory size: 1024 MBytes ECC (1GB)
Graphics: Maximum Impact w/TRAM option card (13W3 connector)
Phobos G160 100Base-T GIO64 ethernet card
9GB Seagate Ultra SCSI drive
SCSI CD-ROM
IRIX 6.5 installed (clean and tested)
General information: http://www.sgizone.net/indigo2/
Historical article: http://www.futuretech.blinkenlights.nl/pcw5-93i2.html
More info on the included Phobos G160 card here:
http://www.futuretech.blinkenlights.nl/fastether.html

28-disc CD-ROM changer SCSI tower (I've posted this before, but I
thought I'd mention it again in case anyone missed it the last time
and was interested)
Seven SCSI-2 Nakamichi MJ-4.8S (8x CD-ROM) drives in a tower case with
power supply
Each drive is a slot-loading changer that can hold four discs
Centronics 50-pin SCSI connectors on back
Some scuffs on the painted steel case, otherwise good condition,
tested for power-up and basic operation, purchased years ago for a
project that didn't happen

- Nate