[rescue] Large collection of Digital Equipment for sale on ebay

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 5 14:24:23 CDT 2009

Wow, that's a lot of cash he's hoping for... $2,500 starting bid,
$5,500 BIN? IMHO the condition of his "collection" is too rough to pry
that kind of money out of a collector's pocket...

I think he confuses the price he paid for the current value of the hardware.

I'd pay, like, $500 (of the top of my head) for a clean, complete,
running PDP-11 rack system with complete OS and programming language
software, sufficient serial ports, and a reasonable form of mass
storage...

I don't think any of his hardware (aside from the terminals) has any
real commercial value, so most of it has effectively "no value", as
in, you shold be able to find them for free (if you can find them).

Anyway, I wish him luck!

Lionel