[rescue] SunBlade 2000 vs SunBlade 2500 vs Ultra 45

Steve Sandau ssandau at gwi.net
Mon Aug 3 17:10:48 CDT 2009

>> The problem of course is that cheap servers eventually come to take over
>> the tasks that the non-cheap servers used to do.
>>
> Then you start seeing the ugly corner-cutting that comes with cheapness.

And, as we (work) have discovered with x86 hardware in general and IBM
x86 blades in particular, that leads to way too much time wasted fussing
with substandard hardware. And "fussing with" is the family-friendly
version of what I really want to say....

I know that "TCO" is a cliche, but here it really is something to consider.

Steve