[rescue] SunBlade 2000 vs SunBlade 2500 vs Ultra 45

rescue at hawkmountain.net rescue at hawkmountain.net
Mon Aug 3 15:09:03 CDT 2009

Lets see if I can steer this back on topic...

I was looking for folks with experience with the 3 platforms to
chime in on pros/cons/favorites of the 3 mentioned.

I'd still like to get more feedback from folks... is there
much difference in performance, etc ?

The core diffs are USIII vs USIIIi, memory technology and speed,
and cache technology and speed.  Well, then we do start getting
into bus diffs (PCI, PCIe, PCI-X, UPA, etc)....

Looks like the Ultra 45 is probably the top end ? desktop SPARC ?
And also at a price premium vs the 2000 and 2500 ?

Thanks,

-- Curt