[rescue] SunBlade 2000 vs SunBlade 2500 vs Ultra 45

Jerry K sun.mail.list47 at oryx.cc
Mon Aug 3 12:33:45 CDT 2009

The post at the bottom, dated October 2008 discusses re-alignment of
Solaris ports to other platforms.  I deleted the original message, and
this was just one of the replies.

William Kucharski, again below, has, or at least had a sun.com email
address.

Hope this helps,

Jerry Kemp

=====================================

Guy Shaw wrote:

> [...]

Guy,

When the Emerging Platforms CG was created part of the charter is it
would be
the home for ports to new architectures.

Therefore the PowerPC project should no longer be its own community
group but
rather should be a project under the Emerging Platforms CG along with the
projects for ports to MIPS and the IBM System z mainframe.

So this doesn't mean it's dead at all, it's just more or less
administrative
back-room manipulation that needs to go on on opensolaris.org.

This also means PowerPC will disappear from the list of Communities but
will
instead appear on the "Current Projects" page of the Emerging Platforms
community.

      -- William Kucharski